I am still immersed in the analysis of the blogging texts. This has taken a few turns before we decided on the proper route to follow. I am working by the priciples of Guba and Lincoln, who are experts in data analysis. I am in the process of formatting the data from the blogs into Excel to ease manipulation when I begin to group the data according to repeating ideas, and then by theme. This is rather time consuming but a necesary step and one that allows me to preview the data and form ideas about the type of data that I am going to find.
The actual process involves opening each blog, copying the contents into MS Word, editing the content to remove line breaks in each blog posting (this allows easy pasting into Excel), doing a word count, and then copying and pasting the formatted text into Excel. Once in Excel, I record the word count, note the presence or absence of formatted texted, and the use of photos or images.